Is there a 2023 dog tag for tax?
No, the 2022 tag's validity has simply been extended to include 2023. This is because the Ordnungsamt is rolling out microchip scanners and so soon officers will simply need to scan your dog and check its chip against dogs registered in the Berlin central database.
Cost range of veterinary services
The data was collected anecdotally in the Dog & Cat Owners in Berlin Facebook group.
- general check-up minimum € 25 (can be €40+)
- orthopedic exam €39
- x-ray ~€ 60 (per image)
- comprehensive blood panel (aka geriatric profile) ~€145
- tooth extraction surgery (two teeth - small dog 3kg) €550
- pain / inflammation medication for arthritis (10 tablets - Previcox Q 277) ~€31
- injection for pain caused by arthritis (Librela 20mg/ml) €84
- dewormer (Bravecto chewable tablet for dogs 1000mg) €44
- fine needle aspiration biopsy €50
- skin examination / wound dressing €47
- vaccination (L4 / leptospirosis) ~€40*
- multi-shot vaccination ~€55*
- fecal test ~€40*
- echo Doppler ultrasound ~€160*
- 24-hour Holter ECG ~140€*
- eye exam and official certification ~90€*
- rabies anti-body titre test and certificate ~90€*
- sterilization of male dog 150-300€*
- sterilization of a female dog 300-500€*
- unilateral mastectomy (large dog, 29kg) ~600€*
- dental cleaning under anaesthesia (small dog, 9kg) ~180€*
*Prices have since increased dramatically (4x in the case of some procedures), due to changes made on November 2022 to the vet tariff scheme (GOT). The prices NOT in bold were collected prior to the price increase, we will update as information becomes available.